Monday 28 March 2011

Procrastination

I so should be starting my revision today for my exams in two months, but somehow I keep finidng other things to do with my time. I'm currently addicted to, after following the advice of Coco who's away in Budapest at the mo with her Mum and sis, The Model Agency on 4od. I literally love the whole career world of fashion, they're so bitchy and fun and fabulous but there's this bond that always seems to shine through.

At uni I study History of Art and English Literature, with an outside course (bleurgh!) in European History. So what I thought I'd do, to try and mix procrastination with revision - sort of - is compose a list of some of my favorite and most stylish people in history, art and the world of literature.



Salvador Dali is probably my favorite artist. If you haven't been to his absolutely incredible gallery in Figueres in Spain and you're a fan then I would implore you to go. Its simply amazing. In terms of style Dali certainly held his own. Here he is with his wife Gala in 1964, a beautiful image of a crazily beautiful, and madly in love, couple. I'm thinking of getting a Dali inspired tattoo some day.



Any of J.W Waterhouse's ladies for bringing romance and boho chic to the art world. The first image is quite possibly one of my favorite paintings ever. Its magic.


Another favorite, Oscar Wilde, who was just so dapper and sophisticated. I love the guy.



Whenever I see portraits of Anne Boleyn I cant help but feel like they can't be doing her justice. I always imagine her to be darkly beautiful and so goddamn sexy!! She had to have been to seduce the King right? But anyways, she's on my list for her dignified femme fatal style...and Coco will agree; she loves anything to do with the Tudors.


Joan of Arc for pioneering feminism, and, more importantly, androgynous chic. 


Breakfast at Tiffany's by Truman Capote is probably my favorite novel EVER! I want to put the film (don't get me wrong, it's fabulous darling!) aside when I talk about this book, and the character of Holly Golightly in particular, because in the words of Capote Holly is a much darker, more troubled girl than Audrey Hepburn plays in the film. This is primarily because of censorship Hepburn wasn't aloud to play Golightly as promiscuous  as Capote wrote her, and while I adore Audrey, I find the character in the novel much more compelling and enchanting. Her style is unquestionable.

Boo x

2 comments:

  1. Love breakfast at tiffanys (the movie :) ) I've also been to the Dali museum in spain it's incredible. Have you been to it?

    www.fashionablecollections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah it absolutely blew me away!!

    ReplyDelete