Saturday 26 March 2011

Girl of the Moment - Katie Gallagher

I am currently so in love with Katie Gallagher and her designs. The RISD graduate is not only the very talented designer of critically acclaimed collections that encapsulate the grungy, dark style that I so love (a girl who primarily works with black, grey and white is a girl after my own heart) but she also has amazing personal style. Her ethereal, porcelain skin almost blends into her grey/blue/white hair with the exception of those smoky eyes staring out at you. And her illustrations have such style I could look at them all day! I love it when you can totally connect a designer to their collection, and see how they uncompromisingly put so much of themselves into their work. Designers like Erin Fetherston, Alexander Wang and Riccardo Tisci also possess this trait and I'm expecting great things from this young lady. Can't wait to see what Katie does next...




Boo x

No comments:

Post a Comment