Sunday 6 March 2011

Dream Bedroom

So we’re completing on our new flat next week and we’re all really excited to move in. Its a much more girly flat (poor Ger!) and it’s so beautiful and light and airy, I’m already thinking about how to decorate my new room. I’m thinking I just want it to be ‘me’; a bit grungy, a bit bohemian, a bit eclectic. Over the summer I’m going to work on a big piece of art to go on one of my walls. In my current room my walls are slowly becoming covered by my sketches and watercolour paintings, but I want to do something special for my new place. I’ve been scouring online for new bits and pieces to decorate with, but I’m definitely going to hit up some vintage shops and markets too. I’m going to London at least twice this Summer so I’m counting on finding an array of treasures down there.


I love the romantic nature of this print. It makes me think of the lovely people in my life; my friends, my boyf and my family. People who, in very special and different ways, I always have adventures with. Coco especially; our last adventure ended with me crawling across a zebra crossing and Coco stealing a pie.

Alice in Wonderland was one of my favourite books as a child. I know it’s very fashionable to be into now, especially after the Tim Burton remake, but I loved it as a little girl and I have the most beautiful illustrated hardback copy that was a gift from my aunty, so this print caught my eye straight away and at only £16 it’s a steal!

I really want a hat stand! So quaint and old fashioned. So fabulous! Definitely want to try and find a second hand one somewhere.

Now at £95 this is my big splurge piece that I am definitely going to have to save up for and treat myself. Apart from the fact that I get sooooooo cold in the Edinburgh winter (I have shitty circulation) this quilt is simply beautiful. I love the colour and whimsical, boho pattern. I need this in my life.

Boo x

5 comments:

  1. Oh I love new places, where you can do what ever you want. Good look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds beautiful! Would be great to show pics on here once it is all done!

    SparksandFireworks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww thanks girlies, yeah we definitely will! we're so excited :)

    Boo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved alice and wonderland as well. There used to be a show on disney about alice that i would watch when i was little. I wasn't a huge fan about the tim burton remake but i guess that was just me! Congrats on the new flat!

    www.fashionablecollections.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete